- 等夏天等秋天 等下个季节
- 要等到月亮变缺 你才会回到我身边
- 要不要再见面 没办法还是想念
- 突然想看你的脸 熟悉的感觉
- 只想让你知道 我真的很好
- 愛一生恋一世 我也会等你到老
- 只想让你知道 放不下也忘不掉
- 你的笑你的好 是我温暖的依
- 来不及 等不及回头欣赏
- 不再找 约定了的天堂
- 不再叹 你说过的人间世事无常
- 悲伤bēishāng, grieved
- 无法wúfā, unable
- 上演shàngyǎn, perform
- 匆忙cōngmáng, in a hurry
- 来不及láibují, it's too late
- 欣赏xīnshǎng, approciate
- 遮zhē, hide
- 若曦(张晓)：这是哪儿啊，医院。哪里的医院，环境这么奇怪。连护士的制服，也这么奇怪。... 怎么。怎么会这样。做梦。做梦。睁开眼就没事了。
- 若曦：八贝勒府第。什么八贝勒府第啊。贝勒。清朝。开什么玩笑。你以为你穿成这样，说什么就什么呀。整人节目是吧。... 摄影机呢。你什么栏目组的。这种玩笑不能开。你知道吗。
- 巧慧：马，马，马尔泰 若，若曦。
- 若兰：不准乱说。... 大夫。你没事吧。若曦，我是姐姐。有什么事有我在。不要害怕。
- 巧慧：是。... 请。
- 府第fǔdì, mansion
- 玩笑wánxiào, joke
- 摄影机shèyǐngjī = 照相机zhàoxiàngji
- 栏目lánmù, TV program
- 组zǔ; organize
- 骗piàn, deceive
- 马尔代夫 Mǎěrdàifū, the Maldives
- 脑袋nǎodai, brain
- 摔坏shuāihuài, drop & break
- 准zhǔn, accurate, certainly
- 大夫dàifu, doctor
- 害怕hàipà, be afraid
- 脉mài, pulse
- 神智shénzhì, mind, consciousnessh
- 糊涂hútu, confused
- 没事míshì, be all right
- 担心dānxīn, anxious
- 阁gé, pavilion
- 摔shuāi, fall, tumble
- 已经yǐjīng, already
- 昏迷hūnmí, coma
- 撞击zhuàngjī, strike, bump against
- 穿越chuāngyuè, pass through
- Ruòxī: What is this place? The hospital? What hospital is this? The environment is so strange. Even the nurse's uniforms are strange. ... What? What is it like this? I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming. Once I open my eyes, everything will be al right.
- Qiǎohuì: Second Miss. Miss, what a relief you've woken up! Somebody! Second Miss, you've just recovered. Let me help you back to bed, so you can rest.
- Ruoxi: Second Miss! Who you calling Second?
- Qiaohui: I ... Your servant is Qiaohui.
- Ruoxi: Qiaohui? Where is this?
- Qiaohui: This is your room.
- Ruoxi: My room in what place?
- Qiaohui: Your room at the Eighth Beile's Estate.
- Ruoxi: The Eighth Beile's Estate? Beile? Qing Dynasty? What kind of joke is this? Don't think just because you are dressed like this, I will listen to what you say. I'm on a gag variety show, aren't I? ... Where's the camera? Where's the camera! Which channel are you from? You can't play this kind of joke!
- Qiaohui: Second Miss, You ... what are you talking about?
- Ruoxi: Sill pretending are you? What time is it?
- Qiaohui: It's barely pass noon.
- Ruoxi: I'm not asking you this! I'm asking you what time is?
- Qiaohui: I'm not lying to you. It really just passed noon!
- Ruoxi: I'm asking which year, which month! Which yea which month?
- Qiaohui: Second Miss, I don't know what time you are asking for?
- Ruoxi: Qing Dynasty, right? Who's the Emperor, now?
- Qiaohui: Emperor Kāngxī
- Ruoxi: Then who am I?
- Qiaohui: Second Miss.
- Ruoxi: What second? Name!
- Qiaohui: Ma, Ma, Maertai Ruo, Ruoxi
- Ruoxi: The Maldive Islands?!
- Ruolan: It's Maertai Ruoxi.
- Qiaohui: Madame! Madame, Miss has woken up but she asked me who I am! Do you think her head was injured from the fall?
- Ruolan: Don't say such things. .. Physician. Are you all right? Ruoxi, I'm your elder sister. No matter what happens, I'm here. Don't be afraid.
- Doctor: Let me check your pulse. Madame, it seems Second Miss has yet to recover. She is in shock. Her mind is in disarray. But after taking some medicine and resting, after some time, she will recover.
- Ruolan: Thank you, Physician. Quaihui, lead the physician to get the prescription.
- Qiaohui: Yes. ... Please!
- Ruolan: Ruoxi, after taking the medicine and resting, you'll be fine. Don't worry too much.
- Ruoxi: Maertai Ruoxi?
- Ruolan: Maertai Ruolan.
- Ruoxi: Elder sister. Then, can you tell me what really happened?
- Ruolan: You fell down from the stairs. You've been asleep for a day and a night.
- Ruoxi: Fell down from the stairs? (But I was definitely hit by a car. How did that turn into falling down the stairs? What happened? I understand now. The collision. The strong impact from the collision, threw out the brainwaves. I've travelled through time. )
- 若曦： 刚刚在院门前，散步的时候， 不小心摔了一跤。幸亏两位爷来找八爷。顺便把我送了进来。
- 四爷： 第一次是意外。这次不是。下一次如果你还想死，我就不勒缰绳了。
- 四爷： 你这话说得很奇怪。创伤药。
- 四爷： 你这条命是我捡回来的。以后没有我的允许，你别妄想能够自杀。
- 残废cánfèi, crippled
- 值zhí, be worth
- 这位zhèwèi, this person
- 伤shang, wound
- 勒马lèmǎ, rein in a horse
- 崴wǎi, sprain, twist
- 脚jiǎo, foot
- 认识rènshi, acquantance
- 福晋fújìn, Manchurian wife
- 一向yīxiàng, always
- 温文尔雅wēnwén ěryǎ, cultured & refined
- 调教tiáojiào, guide
- 差距chājù, gap
- 闺阁guīgé, boudoir
- 绣(繍)xiù, embroider
- 闷mèn, bored
- 慌huāng, flustered
- 救jiù, rescue
- 不然bùrán, or else
- 答应dāying, answer
- 仗义zhàngyì, loyal
- 吉祥jíxiáng, lucky
- 幸亏xìngkuī, fortunately
- 顺便shùnbiàn, by the way
- 借jiè, borrow, take advantage of
- 看见kànjiàn, catch sight of
- 冲chòng, toward
- 寻xún, seek
- 误会wùhuì, misunderstand
- 意外yìwài, accident
- 缰绳jiāngsheng, reins, halter
- 允许yǔnxǔ, permit
- 能够nénggòu, can
- Ruoxi: One, return. Two, die, Three, crippled. Worth it. No horse.
- 13th Prince: Miss, are you al right? Injured?
- Ruoxi: Who told you to stop the horse? How come it's you again?
- 4th Prince: This is 13th prince.
- Ruoxi: 13th prince. How are you?
- 13th Prince: Stand up. What is it?
- Ruoxi: My ankle is twisted. Thank you.
- 13th Prince: You know my 4th brother?
- Ruoxi: My sister is 8th prince's cefujin.
- 13th Prince: You're from the 8th estate? You don't look like it. 8th brother is gentle and elegant. Everyone in his estate is trained, and isn't too different from him. But you don't stay inside and embroider. You're running the streets in broad daylight.
- Ruoxi: I just came here. I'm so bored.
- 13th Prince: Let's go. I'll take you back.
- Ruoxi: Thank you for saving me, princes. I have a favor to ask. This matter cannot spread to 8th Prince's estate. Or else, I'll be in trouble.
- 13th Prince: I promise you.
- Ruoxi: You really are a hero. Thank you.
- 13th Prince: Let's go.
- Ruolan: 4th prince, 13th prince, greetings. Ruoxi, what's wrong with your leg? What happened?
- Ruoxi: Earlier, when I was taking a walk, I accidently fell. Luckily, the two princes were looking for 8th prince, and sent me back here.
- 4th Prince: Is 8th brother here?
- Ruolan: Send someone to notify 8th prince.
- Qiaohui: Yes, Madame.
- Ruolan: Please wait in the living room.
- 4th Prince: Ruoxi, can I have a word with you?
- Ruolan: 13th prince, this way.
- 4th Prince: You weren't running around at all. You saw our horses and ran over on purpose. You want to die.
- Ruoxi: I ... Why would I seek death? You have misunderstood. That was just an accident.
- 4th Prince; The first time was an accident. But this time it wasn't. If you still want to die the next time, I won't pull the reins.
- Ruoxi: I did that because I want to live. There are too many things I can't let go of. Why would I want to die?
- 4th Prince: What you're saying is really strange. Medicine for your injuries.
- Ruoxi: 4th prince, thank you!
- 4th Prince: I saved your life. In the future, without my permission, you don't even think about killing yourself.
- 若曦 (独白)： 萧萧梧叶送寒声，江上秋风动客情，知有儿童挑促织。夜深篱落一灯明。...
- 萧萧xiāoxiāo, shound of wind
- 促织cùzhī=蟋蟀xīshuài, cricket
- 篱落líluò, bamboo fence
- 寒窗hánchuāng, poor student
- Ruoxi (monologue): "The falling leaves herald the leaving of winter. Autumn winds over the river moves the tourist's heart. The wisdom of children ....As night falls, a lamp burns brightly in the dark."... To think that this modern person, went to school and learned for 16 years and am somewhat of a scholar. But here, I'm considered half illiterate. At least, I came into this young lady's body, I won't starve or freeze. Otherwise, I would starve to death since I can't work.
- 似乎sìhū, as if
- 心虚xīnxū, afraid of
- 寻xún, look for
- 越〜越yuè, the more... the more
- 寻死xúnsǐ, commit suicide
- 则zé, follow
- 既来之，则安之 jìláizhī, zéānzhī,
since you are here, you many as well stay and make the best of it.
- 木强mùjiàng, upright, unyielding
- 折zhē, turn over
- 算了suànle, forget about it.
- Ruoxi: Ice cold face, God.
- 4th Prince: Maertai Ruoxi.
- Ruoxi: Greetings to 4th Prince.
- 4th Prince: Rise. You look like you really don't want to see me.
- Ruoxi: No, I wouldn't dare.
- 4th Prince: Then why do you run once you see me?
- Ruoxi: I suddenly remembered I had something to do. So I didn't notice 4th Prince.
- 4th Prince: I think you're scared that I'll ask you why you were seeking death that day. The more you don't want to say, the more I must ask.
- Ruoxi: No. I wasn't.
- 4th Prince: Seeking for death, but looking for life. Since you don't want to say it, fine.
- Ruoxi: This, I'm making a hypothetical situation. You're walking around in a dream, once you're in the dream. You want to wake up, but you can't. What should you do?
- 4th Prince: Six words. Make the best out of it. Understand? Strong wood breaks easily. Never mind, you wouldn't get it.
- Ruoxi: Make the best out of it.
- 若曦：祝你生日快乐，祝你生日快乐 ...
- 十四爷： 我看你是高兴上了头吧。十哥急了。十哥不高兴了。那咱们别打扰他们了
- 睁zhēng, open the eyes
- 亲手qīngshǒu, personally
- 千纸鹤qiānzhǐhè, origami crane
- 快乐kuàilè, joyful
- 创chuàng, start, achieve
- 戏(戯)台xìtái, stage
- 扰rǎo, harass, trouble
- Ruoxi: Stop.
- 10th Prince: Scared me to death.
- Ruoxi: Open your eyes.
- 10th Prince: So beautiful. Too beautiful. Ruoxi. Did you make them yourself?
- Ruoxi: Of course.
- 10th Prince: Ruoxi, what are these?
- Ruoxi: Thousand origami cranes.
- 10th Prince: What do thousand paper cranes do? So fun.
- Ruoxi: Happy birthday to you.
- 10th Prince: Ruoxi. What are you singing?
- Ruoxi: Birthday song.
- 10th Prince: Birthday song? Birthday song can be sung like this? Isn't Magu Baishou the Birthday song?
- Ruoxi: this is the version I made up. Maertai version
- 10th Prince: ruoxi, it sounds great. Sing it to me another time, okay?
- When will you sing me one?
- Ruoxi: To the prices, greetings.
- 13/14th Princes: 10th Prince, I was wondering why you disappeared after only drinking a little. So you found a small stage.
- 10th Prince: I was just a little drunk, so I came to sit a little.
- 14th Prince: I think you're drunk from happiness. 10th brother's anxious. 10th brother's unhappy. Then let's not bother them.
- 康熙帝：这就是你的答案吗。.... 这哥拼命十三妹，倒也不外如是啊。十三啊哥，依朕看来，这个十三妹及不上你。只是浪得虚名啊。
- 十三爷：回皇阿玛的话，若曦本是初生牛犊，只是聪明乖巧。儿臣有了这个妹子，本以为不失面子。可如今龙颜圣威，已叫丫头站不起来。甚为失礼。看来，儿臣还是把她，拼命十三妹的名号， 除了比较妥当。
- 康熙帝：朕听惯了尧舜禹汤，今日听到若曦这番话， 倒也觉得很新鲜。看来你不光，只知拼命也很有见识，赏。
- 佳节jiājié, festival
- 举jǔ, raise
- 喳zhā, formal aye
- 叩见kòujiàn, formal visit
- 称chèn, fit, match
- 拼命pīnmìng, risk life
- 觉得juéde, feel
- 擒qín, capture
- 鳌áo, mythological sea turtle
- 政绩zhèngjì, official achievement
- 秦皇Qín huáng
- 汉武Hàn Wǔ
- 文采wéncǎi, literary talent
- 风骚fēngsāo, literature
- 天骄tiānjiāo, 匈奴Xiōngnú
- 成吉思汗chéngjí sīhán, Genghis Khan
- 弯弓wāngōng, draw a bow
- 雕diāo, vulture
- 俱jù, all
- 数shǔ, count
- 牛犊niúdú, calf
- 聪明cōngming, intelligent
- 乖巧guāiqiǎo, clever
- 不光búguāng, not the only one
- Kangxi Emperor: The mid-autumn festival is a time for celebrations. Dispense with the formalities.
- All: Yes.
- Kangxi Emperor: You.
- Ruolan: Go.
- Ruoxi: Your servant, Maertai Ruoxi, greets Your Majesty.
- Kangxi Emperor: You are the one they are calling 'death-seeking 13th sister?'
- Ruoxi: Yes, Your Majesty. It is I.
- Kangxi Emperor: Rise to answer.
- Ruoxi: Thank you, Your Majesty.
- Kangxi Emperor: Are you nervous meeting me?
- Ruoxi: Yes.
- Kangxi Emperor: Why?
- Ruoxi: It's my first time seeing your royal self. Your majestic grandeur is intimidating. That's why I'm nervous.
- Kangxi Emperor: You think I'm intimidating? You're scared of me?
- Ruoxi: (Only a corrupt Emperor would want everyone to fear him. The great Emperors wanted the respect and love of the people. ) No! Your Majesty is a wise ruler, why would I be scared? It's just that it's my first time in the palace. It has a very grand atmosphere. That's why I'm nervous.
- Kangxi Emperor: A wise ruler? Look at me. Why do you think I'm a wise ruler? Answer me!
- Ruoxi: (He ascended the throne at eight and defeated Ao Bai. He quelled rebellions and uprisings. No. I can't say these. These only happen later. But if I don't speak about politics, what can I say?) Qin Shi-huang and Han Wu-ti were lacking in literary grace, and Tai-tsung and Sung Tai-tsu had little poetry in their souls. And Genghis Khan, proud Son of Heaven knew only shooting eagles, bow outstretched. All are past and gone! For truly great men, look to this age alone.
- Kangxi Emperor: Is this your answer? .. This 'death-seeking 13th sister, is not what they say her to be. 13th Prince, the way I see it, this 13th sister is no match for you. It's only false reputation.
- 13th Prince: Replying to Imperial Father, Ruoxi is stubborn and willful, and she's also intelligent and obedient. If I had such a sister, I thought I wouldn't lose face. But in the face of Your Majesty, she can't even stand up. It is impolite. look like I have to revoke her, death-seeking 13th sister nickname.
- Kangxi Emperor: I'm used to hearing people tell me only the good things. Ruoxi's words, on the other hand, are rather fresh. It looks like not only are you death-defying. You're also well-read. Reward her.
- Servant: Yes.
- 认(認)命rènmìng, accept fate
- Ruoxi (monologue): Why is it that our fates can be decided by a single word from the Emperor. Why have I been brought here? If I was born in the Qing Dynasty, I may resign myself to this fate. But I've lived in a modern society for 25 years. The education I have received taught me that my destiny is in my own hands. Now I'm suddenly told that everything is left up to fate. Resign myself to fate? I will never do that.
- 若曦：我难过。不是因为他的婚事。 是因为他的婚事是那个人硬推给他的。是他并不想要的。
- 怜(憐)lián, sympathy
- 凋零diāolíng, wither
- 感gǎn, feel
- 溅泪jiànlèi, splash tear
- 惊心jīngxīn, soul-stirring
- 触目chùmù, meet the eye
- 伤感shānggǎn, sentimental
- 傻shǎ, stupid
- 爽朗shuǎnglǎng, bright & clear
- 率直shuàizhi, straightforward
- 半点bàndiàn, least bit
- 城府chéngfū, sbutle thinking
- 开心kāixīn, happy, joyous
- 难过nánguò, have a hard time
- 硬推yìngtuī, hard push
- 曾经céngjīng, once
- 纵然zòngrán, even if
- Ruoxi: The autumn breeze causes leaves to fall. They are all weeping and in pain. They don't wish to fall to the ground. But in the end they cannot escape their fate.
- 14th Prince: Are you bemoaning the short-lives of flowers? And hating the songs of birds? In a few days, when you feel better, you won't feel this way, and be hurt by every little thing. Ruoxi, you really like 10th brother, is that right?
- Ruoxi: That's right. I really like him. He is silly and straightforward, genuine and carefree. He carries no burdens of propriety. He made me happy. The most important thing is he was sincere towards me. But, the kind of like I have is not what you guys think it is. He is just my very good friend.
- 14th Prince: Then, why do you feel sad about 10th brother's marriage? Everyone is saying 13th sister, because of 10th brother's marriage has gone crazy for depression.
- Ruoxi: I am sad, not because of his marriage. But because his marriage is being forced on him by another person. He doesn't want to.
- 8th Prince: Such words of treason ... you are not allowed to repeat it. You hear me? Do you hear what I said?
- 14th Prince: 8th brother!
- 8th Prince: Do you hear?!
- 14th Prince: Are you crazy? That person you're referring to is the sovereign of the nation! 8th brother is doing it for you own good.
- Ruoxi (monologue): You guys will never understand. In the society I lived in before the hard work being put in today can determine tomorrow's outcome. I definitely cannot accept someone else deciding my fate for me. I may be in the Qing Dynasty, but I will not accept it.
- 十爷：其实，我还是恨开心的。其实，这两天，我一直想当面问你，可是又怕答案。是我不想听到的。 所以就不敢问了。从小到大，所有的人都觉得我很蠢。不好好读书不上进。可是他们哪里知道，我已经尽力了。我再怎么努力，也不能像四哥八哥，十四弟他们那样。他们读一篇就记住了。可是我要读三遍。皇阿玛说的话，他们很快就明白其中的意思。可是，我就是想破脑袋，我都想不明白。胂气又急，经常鲁莽闯祸。所有人都，明着暗着嘲笑我。只有八哥，他凡事都护着我。时时提点我，若曦啊，我是不是很笨。
- 若曦：笨。不笨怎么让我欺负呢。不过就是因为你笨，我才喜欢跟你一起玩。因为你高兴就是高兴，不高兴就是不高兴。喜欢就是绝对的喜欢。讨厌也就是讨厌。不像那些人，说几句话，绕几个圈。 心里看着，脸上却笑着。所以在你面前，我也可以高兴就大笑。不高兴就谣脸色。你知道吗，我跟你在一起很开心。很开心。
- 屈从qūcóng, capitulate
- 当面dāngmiàn, face-to-face
- 觉得juéde, feel
- 蠢chǔn, stupid
- 所有suǒyǒu, all
- 读书dúshū, study
- 鲁莽lǔmǎng, crude
- 闯祸chuǎnghuò, get into trouble.
- 凡事fángshiì, everything
- 欺负qīfu, bully
- 讨厌tǎoyàn, disgusting
- 绕圈ràoquān, wind circle
- 告退gàotuì, ask to be execused
- Ruoxi: If you've given up on the larger picture, why brother, prolonging your misery on the small matters?
- 10th Prince: Ruoxi, have you ever liked me?
- Ruoxi: I did.
- 10th Prince: Actually, I'm still happy. The truth is ... These past two days I've wanted to ask you face to face, but was scared to hear you answer. Scared that it would be an anwer I didn't want to hear. So I didn't dare to ask. Growing up, everyone thinks I am stupid. I don't study hard or improve. But little to they know, that I have already tried my best. No matter how hard I try, I cannot be like 4th brother, 8th brother and 14th brother. They remember everything in one glance. But even after reading it thrice, I still can't remember it. Imperial Father's words, they understand them very quickly. Even if I crack my skull, I can't understand it. I'm impatinet, and I'm reckless and rush into things. Everyone is laughing at me behind my back. Only 8th brother looks after me. He constantly advises me. Ruoxi, am I very stupid?
- Ruoxi: Stupid. If you're not stupid, how could I have bully you? But, it's because you're stupid, that I really like to play with you. Because when you're happy, you're happy. Not happy then youi're not happy. If you like something, you go all the way. And the same if you don't like something. Not like those people who beat around the bush. Their heart is watchful, bu their faces are smiling. Which is why, in front of you, I can laugh out loud when I'm happy, and throw a tantrum when I'm not happy. Do you know when I'm with you I'm happy. Very happy.
- 10th Prince: I was also very happy. Very happy.
- Ruoxi: Ruoxi takes her leave.
- 若曦：... 有情，无情 ...玩玩，让真。你究竟想怎样啊，若曦。来了。姐姐，我来了。
- 风姿fēngzī, charm
- 赞颂zànsòng, extol
- 嫉恨jíhèn, envy & hate
- 幽禁yōujìn, imprison
- 喳zhā, polite yes
- 究竟jiūjìng, outcome
- 慌huāng, awfully
- Ruoxi: I can do it myself.
- 8th Prince: Do you like sgtanding so much?
- Ruoxi: (Such a charismatic man. The 8th Virtuous Prince. But because of a throne, is hated by his own father. Striped of this title, imprisoned till death.)
- Servant (Lifu): Second Miss, please.
- Ruoxi: If I don't go back, Jiejie will get worried.
- 8th Prince: Lifu, Master, Send Second Miss back.
- Servant: Master. Yes.
- Ruoxi: ... Fellings. No feelings. For fun. For real. What the heck do you want, Ruoxi? Coming. Jiejie, I'm coming!
- Ruo Lan: Why are you so flustered?
- Ruoxi: Nothing. Jiejie, sit.
- 十三爷：再喝一口。... 你就在这儿等着。
- 若曦：天哪。我以后再也，不招惹明玉了。这十三爷太可怕了。.. 打火机。将你心上人赐婚的、是你皇阿玛。和我可没有半点关系。千万别再折腾我了。我可不想平白无故地。就死在你这个霸王手里。... 不是吧大哥。我没你那么能喝啊。
- 若曦： 来，十三爷。为千古不变的月亮。干一杯。你看那月亮。跟三百年后的，一点分别也没有。你知道吗。你以前对我来说，只是书本上的一个名字。没想到，今个能和你一起喝酒。我以前也曾经喝醉过，是在伞里屯。上学的时候也偷喝过，喝的塔基拉。不过，我今天喝得很没问题。
- 若曦： OK!
- 若曦：我不是你们这个时代的人，我是... 的人。我是三百年后的人。可是奇怪了。我怎么会莫名其妙地。跑到清朝来了。还当了什么，马尔泰家的二小姐。后面还要进宫选秀女。你说，我一个现代人，选什么秀女啊。
- 招惹zhāore, provoke
- 折腾zhēteng, toss about
- 无故wúgù, without reason
- 霸王bàwáng, overloard, despot
- 曾经, once
- 偷tōu, steal
- 塔基拉tǎjīlá, tequila
- 奇怪qíquài, strange
- 选秀xuānxiù, talent competition
- 13th Prince: Take another sip. ... You wait here.
- Ruoxi: Heavens, in the future, I will never inrritate Mingyu Ge'ge again. This 13th Prinice is too fearsome. ... A lighter? ... Your Imperial Father was the one who married your sweetheart to someone else. This isn't related to me at all! Please don't torture me any longer! I don't want to die for no reason by your bullying hands.... No way, big brother. I don't have your capacity for liquor.
- Ruoxi: Come. 13th prince. Let's drink to the ever-unchanging moon. Cheers! Look at he moon! It's no differrent from that of 300 years later. Do you know? In the past, you were nothing more than a name in the book to me. I never thought that I'd be able to drink with you today. I was drunk before in the past, when I was at San Li tun. Isectretly drank a little when I was schooling. I drank tequila! But, I fell OK after drinking.
- 13th Prince: O what?
- Ruoxi: OK!
- 13th Prince: What does that mean?
- Ruoxi: No problem.
- 13th Prince: Look at you. Talking nonsense, after drinking.
- Ruoxi: I'm not from your era. I am from 300 years in the future. But it's so weird. How did I end up in the Qing dynasty? And I've even become some Second MIss of the Maertai family. And I still have to join the selection ofr the Imperial harem. Tell me, what is a present day person doing in an Imperial harem selection?
- 13th Prince: Alright. It's time to go back.
- 十三爷： 若曦说，这就是现代人的思想。
- 如兰： 若曦是不是又跟大家说，什么离经潘叛道的事了。
- 若曦：现代人就是 ....
- 族类zúlèi, same clan
- 即便jíbiàn, even
- 操纵cāozòng, control
- 体统tǐtǒng, decency
- 漠视mòshiì, ignore
- 三纲五常sānggāng wǔcháng, the tree cardinal guides (ruler, fatheer, husband)
- 孔儒kǒngrú, Confucianist
- 教诲jiàohuì, teaching
- 吉祥jíxiáng; lucky
- 刚才gāngcái, just now
- 批判pīpàn, criticize
- 13th Prince: 14th brother, do you know, what equal rights are?
- 14th Prince: What is it? Never heard of it.
- 13th Prince: That is everyone is born without class differences, worriying about races. Everyone is equal. Everyone can live as they want. Even the Emperor cannot control other peroples's lives.
- 14th Prince: Impossible. We have monach and his subjects. Once a person is born, they have a certain status. You and I are princes, so we live as princes. Besides, how can you not obey the Emperor? That is high treason. There is no decency.
- 13th Prince: You can't say maybe it's in another world. Everybody can speak their minds... with no fear of restriction. People decide their own relationships.
- 14th Prince: 13th brother, what democracy? That means that the rules and basis of our society ... and Confucious' teaching will be disregarded. This is unorthodox thinking. I don't want to listen to this.
- 13th Prince: Ruoxi said., this is how modern people think.
- 14th Prince: Modern people?
- 13th Prince: The modern person with unorthodox thinking is here.
- 13th & 14th Prince: Hellow, sister-in-law.
- Ruoxi: Greetings 13th, 15th prince.
- 13th & 14th Prince: Rise.
- Ruolan: Did Ruoxi say something about her unorthodox thoughts?
- 14th Prince: 13th brother and I were debating, what is democracy? We are not judging that. Only，Ruoxi, what's a modern person?
- Ruoxi: Modern person is ....
- 若曦：好啊。... 就这样。我们三个从宫中琐事，聊倒古今趣闻。从浩浩荡荡漠北，聊到烟雨江南，从山水诗词聊到古今贤士。
- 绿芜： 你们两个，一个皇室子弟，一个是深闺淑女，却都不在乎，自己的荣华富贵。敢于提出质疑。委实令人，委实令人佩服。
- 琐事suǒshì, trivial matters
- 聊liáo, merely
- 趣闻qùwén, interesting news
- 浩浩荡荡hàohào dàngdàng, vast and mighty
- 嵇康Jī Kāng
- 深闺shēnguī, boudoir
- 淑女shūnǚ, a noble lady
- 荣华富贵rónghuá fùguì, hight position & great wealth
- 质疑zhìyí, query
- 委实wěishí, really
- 佩服pèifu, admire
- 拘jū, arrest
- 13th Prince: Luwu, this is the Death-Seeking 13th sisteer I've told you about.
- Lǜwú: I've heard about you.
- Ruoxi: I don't deserve it.
- 13th Prince: I say, shouldn't we drink some?
- Ruoxi: Okay... Like this, the three of us talked from palace happenings to interedting stories of the past. From the great north ... to Jiangnan in the south. From the poems ... to poets and wise men.
- Luwu: Cheers.
- Ruoxi: You're also an admire of Ji Kang.
- 13th Prince: Of course! Ji Kang's "Criticisms of the Famous Princes." Using your words, he believed everyone has the ability to chase his/her own happiness. One shouldn't be restricted. Isn't that what your ... something ... Self-determination?
- Ruoxi: Correct!
- Luwu: You two, one is of the royal family, one is a high-class lady, but you don't care about your wealth and status. You dare to voice your opinions. It is reallly admirable.
- 13th Prince: Luwu, you're the same as us. You cannot help yourself ... And also like us, wanting to live freely, and unrestrained,
- 李： 诸位进宫待选侍女。无论日后有幸选为嫔妃，还是做宫女，都是伺候咱岁爷的。在宫中生活，只要谨记四个字，谨言慎行。这句话，我每三年都要说一遍，但能真正听进去的，没有几个。希望你们不要让我失望。
- 诸位zhūwèi, group of people
- 卑职bēizhí, your humble subordinate
- 监管jiānguǎn, superviser
- 伺候cìhou, serve
- 谨言慎行 jǐnyán shènxíng, speak and act cautiously
- 帮助bāngzhù, assist
- 恩准ēnzhǔn, graciously grant
- 另行lìngxíng, separately
- 规矩guīju, custom
- 负责fùzé, in charge of
- 切记qièjì, must remember
- Li De'quan: Ladies, your servant, Li De'quan, is the Eununch
- Ladies: Greetings, Eunuch Li.
- Li: All you who are palace maids-in-training. Whether you'll be fortunate to become a concubine one day, or stay a palace maid, you are alll serving our most esteemed Emperor. Just abide stricktly to these four words for your days in the palace. I repeat these words. Every three years, but those who really inderstand them are quite few in number. I hope that you will not disappoint me.
- Ladies: Yes.
- Li: From now on, you will have to learn and assist with all palace affairs. Those who haven't become concubines still have to serve as palace maids until they are 20 to 24. Only with the Emperor's permission, you can leave the palace in arranged marriage. From now on, the Head Officer will guide you in the rules and affairs of this palace. Remember, learn and do, but be wary to listen and speak. I'll leave this to you now.
- Leader: Please don't worry, Eunuch Li.
- Ladies: Which family are you from?
- 十爷： 就为了一个月的例银，就把你气成这样。
- 八爷： 四爷，若曦这次打翻茶，真是恰到好处。十弟被烫着也是活该，说话不知分寸。差点连累了四哥。
- 毛躁māozao, irritable
- 责罚zéfá, punish
- 扣kòu, butoon up
- 掉diào, fall, drop
- 喽lou, !
- 脸liǎn, face
- 怪guài, strange
- 烫tàng, scald, burn
- 摆bǎi, put, place
- 架子jiàzi, frame, stand
- 恰到好处qiàdào hǎochù, just right for the occasion
- 何况hékuàng, much less
- 照应zhàoying, look after
- 聊liáo, merely, just
- 清清楚楚qīngqīng chǔchǔ, spotlessly clean
- 解围jiěwéi, help sb.
- 辜负gūfù, let down, disappoint
- 竟jìng, finish
- 造成zàochéng, create
- 误会wùhuì, misunderstand
- Li De'quan: You've always been a careful person. Why were you so careless today? Why were you so careless today?
- Ruoxi: Please punish me, Eunuch Li.
- Li: Your salary for next month will be taken away.
- Ruoxi: Thank you, Eunuch Li.
- Li: The palace cannot house so many kind-hearted people. If you're a busybody again, you might lose your head instead. .....
- 10th Prince: Ruoxi. Why do you look so pale? What's wrong with you? You haven't even scolded you for scalding me. But you're showing me attitude?
- Ruoxi: I've had one month's salary deducted.
- 10th Prince: You're upset over one month's worth of salary?
- Ruoxi: Why shoiuldn't I be upset? You don't care about the salary, but I was looking forward to it. Furthermore, I have never been punished before. I'm the leading lady officer, how am I going to live this out?
- 10th Brother: Okay, okay. Isn't it just one month's salary? Whatever youi want, I'll bring it in for you.
- Ruoxi: Just give me whatever you want to give me. I won't be angry with you anymore.
- 8th Brother: 4th Brother, it's quite fortunate that Ruoxi spilled the tea this time. 10th brother brought it onto himself to get scalded for having such a careless tongue. His clumsiness almost dragged 4th brother down with him.
- 4th Brother: Since we're all brothers, we're supposed to watch out for each other anyways. Especially since that person is the Crown Prince.
- 8th Brother: You're absolutely right. The Crown Prince is so fortunate to have 4h brother watiching out for him.
- 9th Brother: Don't forget Ruoxi the Lucky Star. Let's go! What's there to talk about? Coming! I'm gonna leave now.
- 14th Brother: What exactly are your intentions towards 8th brother? I just saw with my own eyes. You purposely poured the tea onto 10th brother.
- Ruoxi: It's not what you think.
- 14th Brother: Whether your feelings are real or not, 8th brother's feelings for you are real! You know it yourself. If you have feelings for 8th brother as well, then don't disappoint him.
- Ruoxi: (I just wanted to help 10the prince. I didn't expect to crate such a misunderstanding. I never even talked to 4th prince since I've been in the palace. He definitely won't misunderstand.
- 若曦：冰块脸。... 四爷吉祥。
- 四爷： 以后你有什么问题，就直接来问我。现在问吧。
- 若曦： （是你自己撞枪口上了，不问白不问。豁出去了。）最讨厌什么颜色。
- 四爷： 喜欢。
- 若曦： 最怕什么。
- 若曦： 平常最喜欢做什么。
- 皴染cūnrǎn, interior brush dye
- 讨厌 tǎoyàn, disgusting
- 馅xiàn, filling, stuffing
- 豁出去huōchuqu, be ready to risk everything
- 栀子zhīzi, jasmine
- 葡萄pútao, grape
- 金刚经jīnggang jīng
- Ruoxi: Ice-block face? .... Greetings, 4th Prince.
- 4th Prince: ta'ping Hou'kui tea, Yu'kou pastry. The sky after rain. White china with flowers and butterflies. I like dogs, hate cats. Hate chilli and dislike drinking wine. I figured 13th brother has told you all this already.
- Ruoxi: (This 13th prince. He can't even ask such questions without revealing me. That rellay takes some talent.)
- 4th Prince: In the future, if you have any questions, just come and ask me directly. Ask me now.
- Ruoxi: (Since you're asking for it, I might as well. Ah, what the heck.) What color do you hate most? What incense do you hate most?
- 4th Prince: Gardenia.
- Ruoxi: What's your favourite flower?
- 4th Prince: Water Magnolias.
- Ruoxi: What's your favourite fruit?
- 4th Prince: Grapes.
- Ruoxi: What weather makes you the happiest?
- 4th Prince: LIght drizzle.
- Ruoxi: What weather do you hate the most?
- 4th Prince: Scorching hot days.
- Ruoxi: That's because you're an ice block.
- 4th Prince: What?
- Ruoxi: Do you like ice chips?
- 4th Prince: I like.
- Ruoxi: What book do you like?
- 4th Prince: The Diamond Sultra
- Ruoxi: What are you most afraid of?
- 4th Prince: Crying women.
- Ruoxi: What do you like to do best?
- 4th Prince: Calligraphy.
- Ruoxi: What do you play?
- 4th Prince: I don't play.
- Ruoxi: What poem do you like?
- 4th Prince: Wang Wei's poems.
- Ruoxi: How about type of song?
- 4th Prince: Pass.
- ？：主子。主子，.. 喳
- 好歹hǎodǎi, good and bad
- 领头lǐngtóu, head of
- 委屈wěiqu, put sb to great inconvenience
- 塞外sàiwài, north of the Great Wall
- 围wéi, enclose
- 想象xiǎngxiàng, imagine
- 担心dāngxīng, worry
- 脾气píqi, temperament
- 争取zhēngqǔ, fight for
- 付出fùchū, pay
- Ruoxi: Greetings, 8th prince.
- 8th Prince: Dispense with ceremony. It's the first time I've visited where you live. It is peaceful.
- Ruoxi: Right now, I am the head officer lady. The place where I live can't be too shabby. I live in this place with Yutan. It's her shift today.
- 8th Prince: I understand.
- Ruoxi: (Hey, Ruoxi, why did you tell him that? Are you hinting something?)
- 8th Prince: Ruoxi,
- Ruoxi: What is it?
- 8th Prince: This expedition I have to stay in the capital.
- Ruoxi: I understand.
- 8th Prince: This is the first time you're going, and the journey is long. Be careful.
- Ruoxi: Don't worry. I've been in the palace for a while, I'm no longer the Ruoxi who entered the palace and didn't know anything, what I can do and what I can't. I already know.
- 8th Prince: These couple of years you did better than I thought you would've. I never thought Imperial Father and Li Dequan would value you so. But I still worry that one day you'll lose your temper.
- Ruoxi: You have to give up something to gain something, otherwide how can I live here. Neither can I peacefully talk here.
- 8th Prince: To gain something, you must first give something,
- ?: Master. Master ... Yes.
- 8th Prince: I am leaving now.
- Ruoxi: (What do you want most? And what are you willing to give up for it?)
- 康熙帝：看来，若曦又有新鲜事 要朕尝试了。
- 四爷： (木兰，葡萄)
- 李： 万岁爷。这是之前若曦画的图案。奴才看看好。就让采办的太监送去官窑烧而成的。
- 皆： 谢皇上。
- 觉得juéde, feel
- 准备zhǔnbèi, prepare
- 采办cǎibàn, select & purchase
- 太监tàijiàn, eunuch
- 烧制shāozhì, fire
- 套tào, sheath, case
- 其他qítā, other
- 难为nánwei, embarrass
- 赏shǎng, award
- 虽suī, though
- 居功jūgōng, claim credit for oneself
- 领lǐng, receive
- 赐掺cì, bestow
- 姿zī, appearance
- 钦佩qīnpèi, admire
- 羡慕xiànmù, envy
- 拍pāi, clap
- 屁pì, wind
- 准zhǔn, allow
- Ruoxi: Greeting, Your Majesty.
- Kāngxī dì: Look lik, Ruoxi came here to show me something interesting again.
- Crown Prince: Yes.
- Ruoxi: How perceptive, Your Majesty. I just think Your Majesty is probably thirsty, so I prepared some chilled juice. But, I don't know if Your Majesty like to try some?
- King: Alright. Bring it here then. I'll reward you if it's good. If it's not good, I will punish.
- Ruoxi: All is up to Your Majesty.
- Li Dequan: Your Majesty.
- King: You've definitely put thought into this. I've never had anything prepared like this.
- 4th Prince: (Magnolia ... Grapes.)
- King: I want to see what else. You have prepared. Why Haven't I seen this before?
- Li: Your Majesty. Ruoxi made some drawings earlier. I though it looked good. So I'd sent some eunuchs to make them into china.
- King: How many different designs?
- Ruoxi: 36 in total. But I've only brought thesse ones.
- King: When you have the chance, I want to see the other designs. Al right. How rare that you'd have such talent and heart. What would you like as a reward?
- Ruoxi: Even though the original designs were mine, I couldn't have done without the others. Your servant wouldn't dare taking all the credit.
- King: Al right. Rewards for eveyone then.
- All: Thank you, Your Majesty.
- King: Now can you tell me, what you'd like as a reward?
- Ruoxi: When I saw Your Majesty's heroic moves on the horse, I was in much admiration and envy. So I want to learn riding a hourse myself. Though I wouldn't hope to match even a thousand of Your Majesty. I would be happy with just knowing how to ride a horse.
- King: She's flattering just to learn how to ride a horse. I'll grant your wish.
- Ruoxi: Thank you, Your Majesty.
- 四爷：我为什么要用强呢。走吧。... 往后拉一点。再往左。
- 用强yòngqińg, power
- Ruoxi: If 4th Prince wishes to use force, I don't have any grounds to refuse.
- 4th Prince: Why do I have to use force? Let's go .... Pull back. More to the left.
- 十三爷：若曦， 我实怎么的罪你了。我跟你说啊，你今天在射箭场上，瞪我的那一眼，真够狠的。倘若换了旁人。不死也是内伤啊。
- 十三爷：这你可真误会我了。头一晚，我是让太子爷叫往。虽是落闲话，可我总不好。驳了他的面吧。第二次我，... 我真没骗你。我是真有事。
- 十三爷：我没觉得敏敏喜欢我。我怎么倒觉得，你对我四哥有意思。这么说来，今儿我让他教你学骑马，也算是做了 一回顺水人情。你应该感谢我才是啊。
- 十三爷：还不承认。好，自打你在殿前奉茶开始。我就一直觉得，你对我四哥怪怪的。你对太子爷，是冷冷淡淡的。但是对我四哥却极其上心。 还向我打听四哥平时的喜好避讳。连平日奉上的茶具点心，都一应是他喜欢的。对别的阿哥，你可就敷衍多了。你如果不喜欢他，我实在想不出来，还有别的什么原因了。
- 射箭shèjiàn, shoot arrow
- 狠hěn, ruthless
- 倘若tǎngruò, if
- 旁人pángrén, other people
- 伤shāng, injury
- 失约shīyuē, fail to keep appointment
- 驳bó, contradict
- 除了...以外chúle ..yǐwài, except
- 舍shě, abandon
- 选择xuǎnzé, choose
- 今儿jīnr =今天
- 顺水人情shùnshuǐ rénqíng, a fovor done at little
- 承认chéngrèn, admit
- 自打dìdǎ, since
- 奉fèng, give w. respect
- 却què, yet
- 极其jíqí, extremely
- 避讳bìhui, taboo
- 茶具chájù, tea set
- 敷衍fūyǎn, just manage
- 其实qíshí, acutally
- 性格xìnggé, nature
- 恐怕kǒngpà, fear
- 提起tíqǐ, mention
- 大概dàgài, generally
- 拜托bàituō, request sb
- 掺合chānhé, mix
- 13th Prince: Ruoxi, what did I do to offend you? I'm telling you that stare you gave me this moring was .... really vicious. If it's somebody else, even if they don't die, they would have internal injuries.
- Ruoxi: Then, 13th Prince, how have I offended you? You didn't keep our date after another.
- 13th Prince: This time, you have really misunderstood me. For the first date, I was with the Crown Prince. Even if he's not talking about anything important, but I have to give him some saving grace. The second time, ... I didn't lie to you. I really wasn't here.
- Ruoxi: Who? Is it the Emperor or the Crown Prince? Who else could stop you?
- 13th Prince: MinMin Gege.
- Ruoxi: So, it's like that. You choose MinMin Gege over me. I've nothing to say about your decision.
- 13th Prince: How cann you say those words? What is our relationship? You are more important to me.
- Ruoxi: But in MinMin's heart, you are more important. I think she likes you.
- 13th Prince: I don't think MinMin likes me. But I have a feeling you fancy 4th brother. In other words, when I asked him to teach you horse rideing ... I'm actually doing you a favour. You should thak me for this.
- Ruoxi: A favour? When did I like 4th Prince?
- 13th Prince: Still not admitting? All right then. Let's start from you serving tea in front of the Emperor. I've always thought that you treat 4th brother at bit strangely. Towards Crown Prince, you behave coldly. But to 4th brother you seems to pay special attention to him. You even ask me about his likes and dislikes. Even the tea cup and snacks are his favourites. To the other Princes, you don't seems to be so attentive. If you don't like him, I don't know ... if there's any other reason for that.
- Ruoxi: I don't.
- 13th Prince: Are you shy? I am telling you it's because our relationship is good that I'm telling you. 4th brother also feels the same about you. If not, given his personality, he will definitely not teach a servant maid horserideing.
- Ruoxi: How is that possible? With his character, he will only like himself. How can he like a servant maid?
- 13th Prince: Ruoxi, Everybody have feelings, my 4th brother is no different. I don't know what happended between you two. Today when I mentioned about you, he didn't say much, I didn't want to ask him either. But I guess he must have made some indication of his feelings towards you.
- Ruoxi: He,.. I don't want to know a thing about him.
- 13th Prince: Ruoxi, My 4th brother may look cold outside, but he's actually a warm person. He is a loyal person. Looking how he treats me, you should know. Actually, he ...
- Ruoxi: I am leaving now. 13th Prince, from now on please don't try to link me and 4th prince together. And about horseriding, I would not ride it anymore.
- 13th Prince: You're not learning horseriding? What 4th brother said is right.
- “纤云弄巧，飞星传恨。银汉迢迢暗度 金凤玉露一相逢。便胜却人间无数。柔情似水，佳期如梦。忍頋鹊桥归路。两情如是久长时、又岂在朝朝暮暮。 ”
- 缠身chánshēn: occupied with
- 柔情似水róuqíng sìshuǐ, tender feelings like water
- 银汉yínhàn: Milky Way
- 柔情róuqíng, tender feelings
- 鹊桥相会quèqiáo: reunion of loves after long separation
- 13th Prince: Although 8th brother is busy, but he has requested me for many times. So that I hand this letter to you in person. He wants you to keep it carefully. In 8th brother's mind, you are as important as the country is.
- The letter: "The clouds are pretty. The stars tell our hatred that we can't meet. The wife is in hurry to meet her wife. Getting to reunion with the beloved is more precious than any other things. The love is deep. We have been waiting for this day. We don't want to be apart. Time does not matter, if we truly love each other."
- 8th Prince: It hurts isn't it?
- Ruoxi: Let me loosen up for this once. Just once. Forget that he is the 8th prince. Forget that he is married. Forget about my rationality.
- 8th Prince: You have me inside your heart. You have me in your hear for real.
- 8th Prince: Ruoxi. Right, with Princess Minmin?
- Ruoxi: It was a coincidence that we met. She knows that I wanted to learn horse riding. So she offered to teach me. Anyway, thank you so much. It's good that you were there.
- 8th Prince: I was passing by and I saw you riding hourse from far. That's why I went over. Next time if you want to learn hourse riding, I'll teach you.
- Ruoxi: Alright. I'm leaving now.